How to start a local stakeholder network.
1. Identify and select
- Identify all potential members for the Local Stakeholder Network available in the respective community.
- Match their expertise and capacity and define their potential roles as regards the organisation of the EWoS Event and its legacy.
- Identify one key partner organisation and one specific person as its representative and your key contact.
- Contact this person and make her/him the Local Stakeholder Network’s Facilitator; being the central contact and main driver of the Network.
- Select all Network members in cooperation with the Network Facilitator.
2. Selecting a local network facilitator
The Local Network Facilitator …
- Must be motivated and active, but also willing to delegate tasks to the other Network members.
- Needs to have good contacts into different sectors at the local level.
- Should be familiar with or interested in disability-sports / para-sports.
- Should be able to gain support of Network members.
- Should have appropriate organizational, management and communication skills.
- Must have sufficient time to actively take over the assigned task.
3. Local leadership
- The national disability-sport or para-sport organisation should initiate the establishment process of a Local Stakeholder Network and support the Local Stakeholder Facilitator.
- However, it is crucial that the Local Stakeholder Network is willing and able to work on its own.