What does the toolkit hope to achieve?
This Toolkit aims to support the European Commission with their objective to inspire everyone to be more physically active in Europe.
#BeInclusive specifically seeks to motivate more people with a disability to be more physically active, with more people participating in sports together regardless of their individual abilities.
Guiding disability-sport and para-sport
This Toolkit guides disability-sport and para-sport organisations by …
- Providing information about the European Week of Sport (EWoS) and its communication campaign #BeActive.
- Describing how to use EWoS and #BeActive as an instrument to raise awareness about their sports.
- Outlining how to raise awareness about sports participation opportunities for people with a disability through EWoS and #BeActive.
- Providing practical information to help plan and implement an awareness-raising event under the EWoS label.
- Describing how to involve local stakeholders in the planning, implementation and follow-up of their EWoS awareness-raising events.
- Providing practical information to any local organizer of an EWoS event on how it can be made inclusive.